Thursday, May 5, 2011

Round 1, Phase 2, Very Low Calorie Day 3 (R1P2VLCD3)

I weighed myself this morning and have lost another 2.5 pounds for a total of 6 pounds lost in 2 days!!!  I am *thrilled* with my results, as you can imagine!

This is my 3rd day eating the same thing (except I had radishes today instead of celery) and I don't care!  I don't have to eat that way but it's simple and I am just enjoying the food I eat.  I even went to Bible study last night where there were lots of treats but I took my allowed celery and apple, and was surprisingly satisfied without feeling deprived!  Wow! 

I told my friend Amy today that I already feel smaller and said she felt the same way.  For curiosity sake, I took a couple measurements today and compared them to the measurements I wrote down a few days ago.  I have lost 1 inch around my chest and 1 inch around my waist!  No kidding!!! 

I can honestly say I haven't even been that hungry for being on such a low calorie diet, but that is just one area where the hHCG is supposed to help.  It seems to be doing the job for me.  I believe drinking lots of water is a big key also.  I have never drank so much water in my life (averaging 12 cups a day)!  I have a stainless steel Thermos that holds 2 cups of water, so I just keep refilling it throughout the day.  Anytime I feel hungry, I reach for my Thermos first.

I am adding a "pounds lost" ticker to my blog from My Fitness Pal.  I joined My Fitness Pal 2 weeks ago and it has really been a great tool to help me keep track with my food intake (counts calories for you) even before I started the Protocol.  You will notice that the ticker shows I have lost 9 pounds so far and that is accurate as I had lost about 3 pounds the week prior to starting the Protocol.  I gained 1 pound on my 2 loading days, but have obviously lost that and more since starting the low calorie diet.

Here are some tips for those who are on the journey or thinking about starting it:

1.  Get a George Foreman grill!  I posted on Facebook that I was looking for one and I had a couple of friends offer to give me theirs!  I was planning to look at Goodwill and garage sales.  I know they aren't expensive to buy new, but I was already investing money in this Protocol with the hHCG, so that was a wonderful blessing!  The GF grill makes cooking your meat super fast and easy!  I replaced my toaster space on my counter with the GF grill.

2.  Buy your meat and then weigh it and put it in individual zipper bags.  I bought just over 3 pounds of chicken breast (antibiotic-free and hormone-free) and cut it up into 16 individual servings.  I put each serving in a sandwhich zip bag, and then I put most of the small bags into a large zip bag in the freezer.  I did the same with my lean ground sirloin.  Now all I do is take one portion of each out of the freezer at night and put them in the refrigerator.  By the time I'm ready to make lunch, my meat is ready to be cooked.

3.  If you don't already have a digital food scale, get one!  You need it for this Protocol.  They are much more accurate.  Average cost is $20.  You won't be sorry you did!

Enjoy the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment