Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Another "Dressing"

I picked up a package of Gulden's Spicy Brown Mustard at Panera's one day.  I read the ingredients.  Sugar is a common ingredient in mustard but is not an ingredient in Gulden's.  So, I used it as a dip for my chicken and salad.  Later, I had the idea that I could make a little "dressing" by adding my allowed 1 Tbsp. of milk to it to thin it.  It isn't so spicy that way but it is perfect for me!

Spicy Brown Mustard Dressing
I use about 3-4 tsp. of Gulden's Spicy Brown Mustard
1/2-1 Tbsp. of milk (depends on how thick or thin you want it)

I bought the mustard at Fresh Market but I'm going to check Kroger next.  The mustard is 5 calories per tsp. 1 Tbsp. of 2% milk is 11 calories.  On the Yahoo group, they say you should be using whole milk in Phase 2, but I used what I had.

Voila!  Another dressing to add to your bland lettuce. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment