Sunday, May 15, 2011

My loss is showing :)

Day 13: I have lost 11 pounds on hHCG, plus 3 pounds before starting the hHCG, for a total of 14 pounds.

I discovered today that the jeans I was able to wear yesterday were a size 22, and the only jeans I have been able to wear lately were a size 24.  It appears that I am down a size!  Yahoo! 

Yesterday I went to Goodwill.  I don't wear dresses very often, but I found myself looking through the dresses they had and I found one that I really liked.  It was a size 20, and I knew I wasn't a size 20 yet but was hopeful that I would be able to wear it by the time I finish this round.  Again, I don't wear dresses very often, but I thought it might be nice to have a dress for a special occassion, so I held on to it.  I found a few shirts too.  When I was done perusing, it came time to make a decision about the dress.  Should I buy it or not?  Finally, I decided to buy it.

This morning I tried on the dress to see how close it might be to fitting me.  I asked my husband to zip it in back and told him not to force the zipper up.  He said, "I don't think I'm going to have to force it" and he zipped it.  It actually fit me...and it looked good!  I was shocked!  And when I was looking at myself in the mirror, I realized that my "muffin top" is smaller.

If that isn't enough, I was told that I looked like I was losing weight by someone who doesn't know that I'm following the Protocol (and we were sitting down, so she was only looking at my face)!  What a great feeling! 

On Friday, I felt like I was losing my resolve.  I didn't cheat, but I just wasn't sure how long I could keep going.  I was pretty sure I couldn't go much beyond the 21 days.  After today, I can definitely keep going!  I think I need to change up my meals a bit to help with the boredom of the food.  Don't get me wrong, I love chicken (and it's a good thing I do!), but I think the spinach with nothing on it (besides the chicken) is wearing on me.  I know it's nutritious and very low in calories, but it's getting old. 

I will say again, I am not hungry at all!  I am totally satisfied when I eat my small meals.  Today we had a potluck at church and I took my chili, apple and Melba Toast.  It didn't bother me to sit at the table with others and eat my meal.  Now, I'm not going to say that the Strawberry pie my husband was eating didn't look good, but I didn't feel like I had to have some.  I didn't feel sorry for myself either.  I know that some day I will be able to have something sweet once in a while (after all, that's why it's called a "treat") but like one of the people on the HCG Diet Yahoo group says, "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels".  I need to cross-stitch that onto a pillow. :)

Oh, and today I remembered that I have a wedding vow renewal ceremony to attend in 3 weeks, and I have the perfect dress to wear!

No comments:

Post a Comment