Saturday, May 7, 2011

And the Journey Continues

Yesterday was day 4 and I weighed in 1 lb. less than the day before.  It's obvious the weight loss has slowed now to what will likely average out to be about 1/2 lb. per day, and I am perfectly happy with that!  In fact, today I didn't lose at all.  I have read on the HCG Diet Yahoo group forums that it is common to show no loss one day and then lose a pound the next day (still an average of 1/2 lb. per day).  So, we'll see what tomorrow brings. 

Some people choose to weigh themselves once a week during this phase rather than daily.  That way they aren't seeing the non-losing days, they only see how much they have lost.  Makes sense.  I have debated on what to do but I like weighing every day & I will have to weigh every day in the next phase (stabilization) so I think it's good for me to stay in the routine.  I know there will be days I don't see a loss on the scale so I won't let it bother me.

I know that I am also losing inches.  My wedding rings are slipping around on my finger. I noticed this first in the shower yesterday and I thought perhaps it was because of my soap, but throughout the day this strange phenomenon continued. :)

I decided yesterday that I am going to mix it up a bit today.  I'm going to make chili with my allotted ground sirloin and tomatoes. Thank God for spices! They really can add so much to food. You just have to make sure there aren't any hidden ingredients in the spices. It always pays to read labels.

I also discovered from the Yahoo group that we can spread out our intake of food throughout the day.  Of course, you have to use the exact amount of food and type of food allowed and make sure you don't go over the 500 calorie limit.  I have only done this slightly by choosing 1 of my vegetables to snack on in the morning & the afternoon.  I've also been saving my apple that I would normally eat with dinner to eat later as a snack so I don't go to bed hungry. 

It seems to require more thought, but it is good to mix things up a bit once in a while.  I may experiment with it more today since my chili is going to require more thought as well.  Hopefully I'll be able to post positively about the experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment