Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Day 1 of VLCD Complete

Yesterday was Day 1 of the VLCD.  I will say I was surprised at how well it went!  I know it helped that I drank 12 cups of water plus 2 cups of hot green tea!  (I was in the bathroom all day and night but it was worth it!)

Here's a breakdown of what I ate.

Snack at 10am: 3 stalks of celery (23 calories)

Lunch at 2pm: 100 g. lean sirloin burger cooked on George Foreman grill (171 cals), 1 orange (87 cals)

Dinner at 6pm: 100 g. boneless, skinless chicken breast on GF grill (90 cals), 2 c. raw spinach (14 cals), 1 piece Melba Toast (20 cals)

Snack at 8pm: 1 apple (80 cals)

I stepped on my scale this morning to find that I lost 3.5 pounds!!!  I am SO excited!  I know I won't lose this much every day but it sure feels good that my efforts were well rewarded!

I am hungry this morning but I'm getting ready to take my HCG and make myself some Yerba Mate (it's a type of tea), so hopefully that will stave off the hunger for a few hours.

One day down, at least 23 left of the VLCD before moving into the next phase (though I may stay on it a little longer, depending on my TOM).  It can be done for 24-43 days before moving into the next phase, which is as crucial as this phase in order to reset the hypothalamus.  You get to eat more food, but you have to stay within 4 lbs. of your last dosage weight (LDW) for 3 weeks.  Many people think the next phase is harder, but they say to stick to the same foods as Phase 2, just eat more of them and take in good fats to make up more calories (still no carbs or sugar). 

I'm just going to plug along on this journey 1 day at a time and thank the Lord for giving me the strength I need each day.

                                   Dinner: Grilled chicken on a bed of spinach

No comments:

Post a Comment