Saturday, May 7, 2011

Phase 2 Chili Recipe

The chili was good and satisfying too!  It is good to mix it up a bit.  So, I thought I would share what I did.

Ingredients:
100 g. very lean ground sirloin (4% fat)
1 c. diced tomatoes (I bought a can of organic, measured out 1 c. and stored the rest for another day)
1/2 tsp. chili powder
garlic powder (a few shakes)
onion powder (a few shakes)
salt & pepper to taste



I used a medium saucepan and began by cooking the meat (added S&P).  It cooked quickly and there was no grease to drain off.  I added approx. 1/2 c. of diced tomatoes to the pan.  I put the other 1/2 c. in my Magic Bullet and blended it into juice & added it to the pan.  Added the additional spices and let it simmer for a few minutes.




According to My Fitness Pal, this single serving is 176 calories.  I was wondering if perhaps I would be able to eat half in the morning and half at lunch, but for me, there wasn't enough to split, so I just drank my water all morning and saved the chili for lunch.  I added an orange and a piece of Melba Toast for a total of 283 calories.  More than half my calories but it was worth it.  I will stick with my standard grilled chicken on top of 3 c. of spinach for dinner and an apple for a snack tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment