Saturday, May 21, 2011

Keep at It!

Today is VLCD19 and I have lost 15 pounds on hHCG & 3 pounds prior to hHCG for a total of 18 pounds!

I am getting closer to my goal of losing 25 pounds for this first round!  My thoughts right now are to keep going for another 2 weeks, then begin Phase 3 just before my weekend trip. 

It's hard to wrap my mind around not being able to lose weight again for another 6 weeks, but I understand the concept of resetting the hypothalamus (as described in Pounds and Inches).  I will still have time for another round before school starts again in the fall.  I could potentially be half way to my goal by then, which means I could very well reach my goal before my 39th birthday (Oct. 2012).  That would be awesome!

Of course, I have had some moments of wanting to eat something that isn't on Protocol.  Yesterday, for example, was tough.  I wasn't able to get home to eat until about 2:30pm, but I wasn't really hungry before that since I had been pushing the water (I had 10 cups of water in by that time!)  By the time I did eat, I didn't feel full and within an hour I was hungry.  I ate again within a couple hours and felt fine after that.  We were heading to the theaters to see the new Pirates movie and I knew I needed to not be hungry while we were there.  Popcorn is one of my very favorite foods!  I have hope that some day I will be able to eat some again (but likely not in the quantity that I am used to eating it in!)  It was tempting to think that I could eat one bite and it probably wouldn't hurt, but I know myself well enough to know that one bite would not satisfy, it would only encourage.  And besides, why risk ruining what I have been working so hard to accomplish for these (almost) 3 weeks?  It will likely be at least 5 more weeks before I can even attempt to eat popcorn, and I certainly won't be eating theater popcorn anytime soon!  I will make it myself with healthy coconut oil.  I've even heard it is wonderful with coconut oil on it instead of butter, but I do love my butter!

By not cheating last night, I saw a 1.4 pound loss on the scale this morning!  That was so worth passing on the popcorn for!

My only option is to keep at it.  I will press on.  I will reach my goals.  I will finally rid myself of this extra person that I have been carrying around with me...once and for all!

No comments:

Post a Comment