Saturday, May 14, 2011

Making Due

Some of you reading this may not know that I was a Dunkin' Donuts coffee addict before starting this Protocol.  I had been buying DD coffee nearly every day for at least 2 yrs.  It was my daily "treat" to myself.  Afterall, over the years, I had cut out other various treats...soda, junk food (processed foods), cut down on eating out, etc.  I even switched from regular coffee to decaf.  Large decaf with cream and sugar.  (Most days they began getting my order ready when they saw my vehicle!)

The Protocol allows me to have coffee but I am limited to 1 Tbsp. of milk a day.  Milk is not the same thing as cream and 1 Tbsp. is not nearly enough!  Obviously, I can't have any sugar either but I have been using Stevia in tea occassionally.  It's been 13 days since I've had any coffee.  I decided today I would treat myself to a small DD coffee and see how much I can drink with 1 Tbsp. of milk.

So, here I sit, sipping my 1/4 cup of coffee with 1 Tbsp. milk and 3 drops of liquid Stevia. :-)  Sometimes you just have to make due with what you have.

I'm looking forward to Phase 3 when I can actually have heavy cream (no half & half or milk because of the sugar content).  Now that I have gotten accustomed to the Stevia, I no longer need sugar. Yay!

On a side note, I have a couple pair of jeans that I hadn't been able to zip up until now.  I have a few other pairs that I'm hoping to be able to wear in the next couple weeks. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment