Tuesday, November 29, 2011

VLCD4 & Cabbage Chicken Soup

Today is Day 4 and after only 3 days of VLCD (since I weigh in the morning),  I am 7.9 pounds lighter! Only 1.5 pounds to go before I reach my Last Dosage Weight, and then to continue losing from there...I am so excited!!!

This may sound strange to some of you (and, yet others of you who are doing the Protocol will understand) but I can already tell a difference in my body!  I remember this happening on my very first round as well.  Then I noticed it in my stomach, but yesterday I noticed it in my thighs.  Later in the day, I changed into a pair of jeans that I had just worn a few days earlier and they were noticably bigger on me (not huge, but bigger).  So, I decided to try on a pair of jeans that I had been wearing that were noticably tight ever since I bought them (but I bought them anyway knowing that I was going to continue to lose).  Guess what?!  They weren't tight!  If I hadn't seen it for myself, I might not have believed it!  This Protocol never ceases to amaze me!

I recently bought a small 2 quart crock pot (because, in my humble opinion, one can NEVER have too many crock pots!)
                                                                                                                                                  
                                                         
Yesterday (and again today) I made this recipe for Cabbage Chicken Soup for my dinner.  This crock pot is the perfect size for my individual soup portions.  This soup is very easy and surprisingly, quite tasty!  Just to note: I used the Pacific brand Low Sodium Vegetable Broth that I bought from Kroger.  I had read somewhere to use the Pacific brand Chicken Broth but when I read the label, I found sugar (gasp!)  The Vegetable Broth didn't have sugar and was only made with organic vegetables.  They were on sale 2/$5 so I bought 3 (that's all that were left on the shelf).

So, for some reason, it never dawned on me to take a picture of the soup itself and it was gone before I knew it! :) 


However, I did take a picture of my lunch this afternoon and here's what a typical P2 meal looks like for me:

I love how my grilled chicken, celery and an apple look crowded on my plate!  That's why I use a salad plate! :-)
                      

2 comments: