Saturday, November 26, 2011

And so, Round 3 has begun!

Today is Round 3, Phase 2, Very Low Calorie Day 1 (R3P2VLCD1)!  This means I have spent the last 2 days loading. Thanksgiving Day I began taking my drops again. We actually celebrated Thanksgiving on Wednesday with my husband's side of the family. Thursday we spent Thanksgiving with my family. I loaded until I nearly exploded! I truly was miserable. Everything tasted good, and I even avoided some of the high starchy foods that I wasn't even interested in including the cheesy potatoes I was asked to bring, green bean casserole and the jello/marshmallow "salad".  However, I ate my carbs in sweets. :) I also made sure to eat some good fats in the form of almonds, cheese and I even made some whipped cream using Stevia (though I didn't get around to eating much of it).

Yesterday it was more difficult to eat since I had really overloaded on Thursday. I tried to focus on more good fats (avocado, more almonds and cheese).  I went out to eat with my husband last night as a last hoo-rah! :) We had no idea where we wanted to go. We ended up at Bob Evan's, where I finally decided on Country Fried Steak and mashed potatoes with white gravy, green beans and banana bread.  I'm not going to lie, it tasted really good! We topped it off after a little shopping with a small Frosty at Wendy's!

So, today I begin the very low calorie diet 9.4 pounds above my last dosage weight! If you remember, I haven't stabilized well this round. I was averaging 3-5 pounds above my LDW and then with all the loading I did...yikes! I'm almost 10 pounds above where I was. The good thing is I know those 10 pounds will be gone soon! The first few days on hcg and vlcd tend to drop the weight gained from loading.

Here's hoping that by next week I will be back down to my LDW and continue to lose from there. I plan to be on VLCD for 25 days before taking my interruption for Christmas. Since I have Christmas dinner at my house, I am planning to have some "alternative" dishes for myself.

Speaking of alternative dishes, I made one called "Loaded Potato" for the 2 Thanksgiving dinners we attended that was absolutely fabulous! I will check to see if it is ok to post the recipe here, and if so, I will post it soon. It is amazing to me what people can do with cauliflower! It can be used as a potato substitute or a rice substitute (I never got around to trying that, but I plan to on my next interruption).

I am actually looking forward to my grilled chicken with grilled asparagus for lunch today. Sounds nutritious and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment