Thursday, January 12, 2012

Round 3, Phase 2, VLCD 40!

I just realized that today is day 40 of this 3rd round of Phase 2! I knew it was coming up, and I have decided that I am going to continue on a while longer. Dr. Simeons' Protocol calls for a maximum of 40 days on hcg due to most people developing immunity to it by then, but he used the real stuff. People using the homeopathic version don't become immune and seem to be successful doing longer rounds. I'd like to hit the 80 pounds lost mark before moving into Phase 3. However, I may settle at 75 pounds lost. I don't want to burn myself out so from here on, I'm going to play it by ear.

I have lost approx. 25 pounds so far this round. Unfortunately, almost 10 were pounds I had previously lost but gained because I didn't stabilize well in Round 2 and from loading at the beginning of Round 3. So, technically, I've only lost about 15 pounds so far. But I also had my planned interruption, which turned into Christmas indulgences, that I had to recoup as well.

The good news is that I am officially wearing a size 16 regular pants! I say officially because I was able to wear 1 pair of 16's (out of the 4 pair I had) a couple weeks ago. However, now I can comfortably wear all 4 pairs. I was a teenager the last time I wore 16's! Some of my XL shirts are beginning to look big on me. I am amazed and thrilled!

So, I'm not as far along weight-wise as I would have liked for this round, but I am further in this journey than I ever believed possible! And so my journey continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment