Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Chicken Chili With a Twist for P2

I made myself Chicken Chili last night and added a little twist to it so I am calling it Chicken Chili with a Twist:

100 g. of chicken, cooked
1 cup diced tomatoes (I like to blend 1/2 c. in my Magic Bullet and leave the other half chunky)
chili powder
garlic powder
onion powder
cumin
salt
small handful of fresh cilantro (YUM!)
lime juice

I love to have chicken pre-cooked, cut up and waiting for me in the freezer (even if I forget to pull it out in advance...I will put it in a little hot water to get the thawing process started!)

Put tomatoes in a small sauce pan on medium heat, add desired spices. Once this is boiling a bit, I add my chicken & let it continue to cook on low a few minutes. Chop up a small handful of fresh cilantro & cut a lime in half while you wait.  Just before serving, add the cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice. I got the idea for this from a recipe a friend shared with me. Just love the combination of cilantro and lime!

I also love to put lime juice in my water with a little Stevia. I just bought this handy dandy little juicer thingy at my local Walmart a few days ago for $4.97. They had 3 different kinds to choose from and I chose this one. I have never owned a juicer thingy before. It sure beats squeezing the lime halves to death! I put the juice of one lime in a quart jar, add a couple little scoops of Stevia and fill with the jar with water. My favorite way to drink my water! Of course, this could be done with lemons as well, but I prefer limes.

No comments:

Post a Comment