Monday, January 2, 2012

2 Steps Forward, 1 Step Back

Can I just say that Round 3 of my HCG Protocol journey has been a bit challenging?  Round 2 was challenging in that I felt like I never stabilized, which set me back nearly 10 pounds by the time I started Round 3.  The good thing was that I lost those 10 pounds pretty quickly, as I suspected I would, and even lost another 10 pounds after that.  Then came Christmas & my not-such-a-good-idea of taking an interruption.  Hindsight is always 20/20.  Hindsight told me that I would have been MUCH better off staying on Phase 2 during Christmas!  My one week of interruption cost me almost 10 pounds...the 10 that took me nearly 2 weeks to lose.  And actually, it was less than 1 week because I stuck with my plan to eat carb free until Christmas Eve.  I lost control on Christmas Eve and Christmas day.  Too much food and too many sweets...I guess I felt I had deprived myself for so long that I "deserved" to reward myself.  Rewarding myself with food is NOT a good idea!!!  I guess it was also easy for me to cave when I knew I would be able to lose whatever I gained simply by getting back to Phase 2.  It's very easy to fall into that line of thinking but the fact of the matter is that one day (hopefully by summer) I would like to be done with this journey!

Well, that is exactly what happened.  It's one week later and I have not only lost the 9.6 pounds I had gained, but I have also lost an additional 1.5 pounds.  So, I'm back in the saddle again. :) 

So, today is Round 3, Phase 2, VLCD30, and while I have lost 21 pounds so far this round, only 11.6 are new pounds lost.  I was recently reminded that 2 steps forward and 1 step back is still 1 step forward.  I must continue forward.  I will continue forward!

And so the journey continues...

1 comment:

  1. I love that ... "2 steps forward and 1 step back is still 1 step forward." Amen to that!! You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete