Sunday, January 8, 2012

New Milestones

I hit 2 major milestones in the past 2 days. First is that my grand total loss is 70 pounds! Funny thing is that it has taken a while for that to sink in. I mean, I realize that 70 pounds is a LOT! I see the difference when I look in the mirror. But even that wasn't as unbelievable to me as my second milestone, and that was wearing a dress today that I haven't worn in 17 years! I can't even believe that I have kept it in my closet for all these many long years, first of all! I haven't been able to wear it since B.C. (before children!) I wore it to church this morning and got so many compliments & I just had to tell everybody how long it had been since I had worn it because I was so excited! And, of course, I had to post a picture on Facebook and tell everyone! (Thank you for all the wonderful comments, everyone!)

I am so thankful to God that He used other people to lead me to hcg! It has changed my life! I have started a list of things that I now love that I didn't love before this journey.

~I love the new feeling of confidence I have about my appearance

~I love to cross my legs while sitting

~I love how I fit so much more nicely in my husbands arms (he can wrap them around me with ease!)

~I love that I don't have to worry about where I am going to sit for fear that I won't be able to squeeze  between this or that when it's time to leave (you have no idea how this haunted me before)

~I love that I don't have to hide behind others when a picture is being taken (not that I really could anyway!)

I think I will be adding to this list as time goes on. So, 70 pounds down, about 30 pounds to go (I'm guessing, since I don't exactly know where I should be yet but I think I will know when I get there!) I would still like to lose another 10 pounds before finishing this round of Phase 2, though I am already on Day 36. Dr. Simeons' Protocol says to do Phase 2 for a maximum of 40 days (plus the 2 loading days for a grand total of 42 days), but his Protocol was for injectable HCG and his reasoning is that people become immune to HCG after 40 days. Since immunity isn't a problem when using homeopathic HCG, some people on hHCG do longer rounds and since I really want to lose more before finishing out this round, I am shooting for a longer round. If I feel my resolve getting low, I will just end it and deal with losing more on the next round.


I have been hungry this round, which has really surprised me because I was almost never hungry on the previous 2 rounds of Phase 2. I started taking 8 drops 3 times a day (increased by 2 drops per dose) and it seems to be helping with my hunger issues. Also, I should mention that TOM has been delayed due to the hHCG. I asked about it on the Facebook support group page and some say it causes them to have TOM too often and with others it causes delays. I was glad to know I wasn't the only one!

Hey, if you want some great recipes for homemade ketchup, mayo, and salad dressing, be sure to check out my friend, Julia's blog. Great stuff! Thanks for sharing, Julia!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I've been re-blogged. Awesome!

    And, so many congrats (and thanks!) are due to you ... you are an inspiration of perseveratnce! I love you list of things you love now and TOTALLY get that plotting where you can sit thing ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that I forgot to add: I love line dancing!!!

    ReplyDelete