Friday, June 10, 2011

Round 1, Phase 3, Day 3 (R1P3D3)

I weighed in this morning at 1/2 lb. below my last dosage weight (LDW), so woohoo! I haven't been keeping track of my calories 100% but I have been eating good fats, protein & veggies plus I don't eat unless I'm hungry. I was a little worried last night when I ended up eating soup instead of our planned chicken (which was still out in the smoker at 8pm when we sat down to eat). I was making the soup ahead for dinner for my family tonight since I knew I was going to be away all day but when we realized the chicken wasn't done, we ate the soup. It wasn't until I had eaten a bowl of it that I realized I should have read the ingredients labels on the organic beef broth and organic tomato soup that I used. So, when I did read them, I was admittedly worried. Both had a form of sugar and I think it was the tomato that had a form of starch (maybe corn starch?). Well, there was nothing I could do about it then, so I just waited to see how it would show up on the scale. Thankfully, it went well for me this morning.

Dr. Simeon's said that during Phase 3, patients may eat anything they please except starch or sugar as long as they observe 1 simple rule...they must weigh themselves daily and their weight must stay within 2 pounds of the weight that was reached on the last day of HCG. He goes on to tell what a patient must do if they go over or under that 2 lb. window.

Following the HCG Dieters Yahoo board, many people get anxious about starting Phase 3. I was totally looking forward to Phase 3! And though I am only a few days into it, I know what I'm eating is healthy and I don't have any cravings for things I shouldn't have. Today, for example, I am in the office where we celebrated a co-worker's birthday. There was Trefzger's cake. For any of you who don't live in the Peoria area, you may be thinking, "what is that?" Trefzger's Bakery is well-known in this area as the best bakery with the best cake! I watched everyone eat it and I didn't even care that I wasn't eating any. It didn't bother me in the least. I wasn't hungry & I wasn't thinking, "boy, I'd sure like to have a piece of that!" It didn't even occur to me until a little later that I really couldn't have cared less that I wasn't eating it. Amazing! I have always heard that if you quit eating sugar then you stop craving it, but I really didn't believe it. You can bet I believe it now!

What have I been eating? Cobb salad with olive oil (this has been my lunch every day so far). Who knew that I would love olive oil for a dressing? I have used olive oil and rice vinegar before, but I never knew that something so simple as olive oil alone would be so good! I try to have chicken on my salad, but I've had it without chicken too. I think it is best for me to eat protein with every meal. Tonight I will be eating smoked chicken leg/thigh with skin! :) For breakfast I've been eating eggs, scrambled in a little butter or fried in a bit of olive oil. For snacks I have eaten 1 oz. of raw cashews (they aren't as good tasting as regular cashews but they are much better for me!), half an avocado (I use half on my salad for lunch also), or 4 oz. of full fat Greek God's yogurt (to which I added Capella NY Cheesecake drops and some Stevia...WOW!!! That is really a dessert!) I am eating a wider variety of non-starchy vegetables.

I read through this web page several times before I started Phase 3, and I found it very helpful. I like the food list. I have read on the message boards that some people have trouble if they eat milk products (cheese & yogurt) or nuts right away, but I began eating them right away and haven't had any trouble. Mind you, I don't overdo them. I have eaten about 1 oz. of cheese a day. Yesterday I ate about 2 oz. of yogurt (today I'm going to try 4 oz. and see how it goes). 

I finally tried my Chocolate Delight and my husband was right, the peanut butter cups are better! The regular ones leave too much of an after taste for me. I'm going to see if I can melt them and make them into peanut butter cups instead.

Last, but not least, I measured myself again yesterday. I am 23 inches smaller than I was before I started the Protocol! A lot of people say that although you don't lose weight during Phase 3, you generally lose inches, so I am going to measure myself again at the end of this 3 weeks. So, we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment