Friday, June 10, 2011

Chocolate Delight

(This was supposed to post on Tuesday, June 7th but I just realized today that it didn't!)

I've been as a busy bee since I got home from work today. I bought the fam take and bake pizza while I ate my 100 grams of boneless skinless chicken breast. Before dinner was ready though, I melted some coconut oil. And this wasn't just any coconut oil! This is certified organic virgin coconut oil!


The smell alone is to die for...like super delicious coconuts! I couldn't get over how good it smells!!! I have bought organic coconut oil before but it was expeller pressed and it does not smell like coconuts. I am going to have to invest more money in a larger quantity of this stuff!

Anyway, I melted the coconut oil (it is hard at room temperature) to begin the process of making Chocolate Delight! I bought a couple different kinds of molds. One is a small ice cube tray and another is the actual shape of little peanut butter cups.

I let the coconut oil (1 cup) sit to cool for a while after I melted it. I sifted the cocoa and then measured 3/4 cup (next time I may measure first and then sift) with 3 packets of Stevia. Then I added 2 dropperfuls of Chocolate Stevia and 1 dropperful of Vanilla Creme Stevia to the oil. Mixed that well with a fork and then added the cocoa mixture. I mixed that with a fork as well, then once the cocoa was incorporated into the oil, I used a whisk to be sure it was all mixed well.

I used a spoon to scoop the chocolate liquid mixture into the molds.


For the peanut butter cups, I filled the cups about half way with chocolate and I put that in the refrigerator to harden before adding my nut butter. I used Almond Butter (my first time ever buying Almond Butter) which consists of only almonds. I used about 1/2 of a cup of Almond butter, to which I added some salt and some liquid Stevia (so it would taste more like a Reese's pb cup). Mind you, I didn't taste even a nibble of any of this because I don't start Phase 3 until tomorrow. I just wanted to have it ready so that I could try it!

After adding about 1 tsp. of the peanut butter mixture to each cup, I put them in the microwave for very short periods of time just until the pb and chocolate began to melt together a bit (doesn't take long at all!) and then I put the remaining chocolate on top and refrigerated them.

Note: Next time I will use a little less chocolate and a little more peanut butter in each cup.




I sure hope they taste as good as they look! My husband was willing to try them for me, and I reminded him while he was eating the first one (without Almond Butter) that I haven't had anything like this in 6 weeks! He thought the ones without the Almond Butter were bitter...like dark chocolate, but not bad because he likes dark chocolate. He thought the ones with Almond Butter were definitely better.


                                                 This picture was totally unsolicited! :)

I guess I will find out for myself tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment