Thursday, June 2, 2011

My Favorite Things

Today I am singing, "...these are a few of my favorite things" as I prepare to write this blog. :)

I took a couple of pictures and wanted to share some of my favorite things that have helped me in Phase 2 of my journey, and will help me as I continue on as well. 

First and foremost my Theramax Thermos (AKA: water bottle) and my Thermos Soft Cooler.


The Thermos is double wall insulated stainless steel, which makes it highly durable and keeps your drinks hot or cold for 12 hours. I have had mine for more than a year and it is the best water bottle I have ever had, hands down! It holds 18 oz. I bought mine at my local Walgreens for $19.99, but you can also buy them online here for the same price (plus shipping). 

I just bought the Thermos Soft Cooler at my local Kroger last week for $12.99. It's larger than I need for a days worth of food but I bought it because I knew it would be great to travel with. It looks like a purse, so I could easily take food with me on a plane or anywhere else for that matter. I don't fly a lot, but hey, you never know!

Next up on my list of favorite things...spice grinders!


I got these on sale at the Fresh Market a couple weeks ago 2 for $7. The Herbed Sea Salt blend has Sea Salt, Thyme, Rosemary and Basil. The Poultry Blend has Sea Salt, Coriander, Garlic, Whole Cumin, Basil, Whole Black Peppercorns, Sage, Mustard Seeds and Red Chili Flakes. It isn't spicy at all. I alternate these on my chicken depending on my mood. They are both very good.

Last, but certainly not least, on my list of favorite things are Stevia! I didn't take a picture of the bottle of Pure Stevia Extract by Kal but it is the best pure Stevia I have had and I have heard several other people say the same. You can buy it in liquid or powder form. I like the liquid best but the powder form travels better (that 2 oz. glass bottle weighs me down!) I bought mine at my local health food store for $10.99 but you can also buy it from Amazon. A little goes a long way!


Now, for the flavored Stevia's. These are SweetLeaf brand. I bought the Chocolate at my local Hy-Vee and I found the Vanilla Creme at Kroger ($9.99 each, I think). I only used the Chocolate once on some sliced strawberries. It was good, but I could definitely taste the alcohol in it...at least that is what I think it was. I am anxious to try these in my coffee but I'm going to wait until Phase 3 because I want to use real cream in it also. One of the recipes for Chocolate Delight calls for 2 droppers of Chocolate and 1 dropper of Vanilla Creme in addition to a few packets of Stevia mixed with the cocoa powder. Yeah, I am anxious to try that! Here's a link to a good YouTube video about Chocolate Delight (but there are many others too): http://youtu.be/ikSvXOzmVtI

No comments:

Post a Comment