Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Stabilization

I had little to no trouble stabilizing in Round 1, however, that has not been the case since finishing Phase 2 of Round 2.  It has taken me almost a week to get back on track, and I am not quite there yet, but I sure hope to be by tomorrow.

Here's where I went wrong: I was just a few ounces over my alloted 2 pound mark and instead of doing a correction day right then & there, I decided to wait.  I was careful eating that day, thinking that would be enough but it wasn't.  The next day I did an egg correction day.  The scale still went up and let me just say now, the egg correction day is not my favorite and I have always been a fan of eggs!  I was clearly disappointed that the egg day did not work.  The next 2 days were busy with events, and I remembered reading that doing corrections days in a row didn't seem to work out too well, so I ate clean and figured I'd do another correction day on Sunday.  I did a steak day as outlined in Dr. Simeon's protocol. It was good (I love steak!) and it yielded a 3 pound loss.  I had read though that sometimes a steak day can produce a bounce back effect where you see a loss the next day, but likely gain again the following day, so I was very careful yesterday.  I ate 2 eggs for breakfast, homemade chicken soup and salad for lunch, and for dinner I had tomato soup, celery with peanut butter & an apple (I was a little afraid of eating the apple, but I decided it was worth the risk).  Today I was down a little more than a pound.  Whew!

So, today I did the greek yogurt correction day in hopes of being within my 2 pound range of my LDW again by tomorrow.  We shall see! *fingers crossed* 

By the way, a few days ago I read in the Protocol where Dr. Simeon's specifically says to correct as soon as you are  the slightest bit over the 2 pounds because if you wait, you will have a hard time getting back to where you need to be.  Wish I had reread that before I finished Phase 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment