Sunday, September 25, 2011

Another Milestone

It's official!  I have entered ONEderland, as they say on the Yahoo group...this means I weigh less than 200 pounds!  199.3 to be exact! :)  ONEderland.  What a GREAT feeling it is!  This is a HUGE milestone for me!  It's been many years since I have seen these numbers on the scale.  I would guess it's been at least 16 years or BK (before kids)!    

Today is day 43 of VLCD and this is my last dosage weight (LDW) for Round 2.  2 more days of VLCD and then I move into Phase 3.  I was planning to go a little longer but my real goal was to have my LDW under 200 and since I'm already past 40 days, it's time to move on.  I've lost a total of 57 pounds since starting! Yeehaw!

So, I had this plan to cut my Phase 4 short after this round so I could complete another full round (40 days) before Christmas (with a short interruption at Thanksgiving) but I am going to reconsider this plan.  While I am anxious to continue losing, I need to remember that I don't need to be in a hurry (but it's hard to be patient)!  I need to trust that Dr. Simeons had a reason for extending Phase 4 by an additional 2 weeks after each round.  I know his Protocol works just as he wrote it.  Why do I think doing it my way is more important than following the Protocol?  I have done things my way for far too long and the results have been less than desirable. 

Instead of doing a 40 day round before Christmas, I could do a 21 day round between Thanksgiving and Christmas, take a planned interruption for up to 2 weeks then go back to Phase 2 for the remaining 19 days.  Now, that sounds like a good plan and one that Dr. Simeons would approve. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment