Friday, October 21, 2011

Phase 4 again!

So, here I am, in Phase 4 again!   Today is day 4.  I am up a couple pounds.  I didn't have a wonderful Phase 3 like I should have, but the reality is that it was my own doing. I wasn't as careful in Phase 3 this time around as I was the first time.  So, I didn't start Phase 4 within 2 pounds of my LDW though I was close.  Today I am 3.3 pounds above my LDW (1.3 pounds above where I should be). 

During Phase 4, you kind of test the waters without overdoing it, which is easier said than done in most cases.  I was actually down a bit today, which was a miracle because I ate something yesterday that I haven't had for several months....fried chicken!  And not just any fried chicken.  I had Gil's fried chicken!  3 pieces!  I can't even tell you in words how good it tasted.  And I don't feel guilty about eating that chicken for several reasons: 
1. We rarely eat out any more.
2. I know I won't be eating fried chicken again anytime soon.
3. I desire to put good, nourishing things into my body rather than junk "most" of the time.
4. Eating something not-so-good-for-me once in a while isn't going to kill me but I know that eating that way most of the time very well could.

My plan now is to eat clean for a couple days to see if my weight will naturally get back in "the zone", and if it doesn't, I'll do a correction day.  I am pretty confident that it will if I stay away from the carbs/sugars.
I have to tell you about a wonderful "treat" that is good and is good for you!  Lara Bars.  As often as I can, I plan to keep one in my purse for a special treat when we go places and everyone else is consuming sugar.  They are tasty, naturally sweet (from dates), are made from just a few natural ingredients, and they come in a variety of flavors.  My favorite is probably Apple Pie, but they have a Banana Bread that is quite delicious too.  If you haven't tried them, you should (as long as you aren't in Phase 2)!  You can find them at most grocery stores in the health food section where the snack bars are located.

No comments:

Post a Comment