Thursday, April 28, 2011

It's Here!

The hHCG has arrived! I can't wait to get started!  However, they say the best time to start the Protocol for women is immediately following your time of the month (TOM). Well, for once in my life, I was REALLY happy when I started this week! :)  My friend won't get to start immediately following hers unless she wants to wait until next month.  She's pretty anxious to get started on the Protocol also so we will likely start on Saturday or Sunday.

I was looking on the HCG Diet Yahoo group page at all the before and after pictures, which you have to be a member to see.  However, there are lots of YouTube videos also if you search "HCG Protocol Before and After". Amazing and so inspiring!  After the excitement wears off and anytime I start to struggle, I am going to watch them again!  That should help keep me encouraged.

A funny thing has happened to me this week.  I haven't been hungry, and I haven't been eating unless I am hungry...very strange for this TOM, when I usually can't get full!  I have been drinking more water (at least 8 glasses a day), as well as some hot tea and coffee.  My period has been much easier and less painful as well.  It must be the water & keeping hydrated.  Something that you definitely have to do on the Protocol. 


I've also been trying to get into the habit of weighing myself every morning upon waking and emptying my bladder.  It is imperative to weigh every morning on this Protocol.  I have actually lost a few pounds this week, however, upon starting the Protocol, I am certain I will gain it back.  The first 2 days on HCG are "Loading Days".  This means I must "eat to capacity" according to Pounds and Inches.  And I must eat high fat foods.

So, I have been making a mental list of some things I plan to eat on my Loading Days.  Just to name a few: bacon (I haven't had bacon for a long time!), ice cream and Avanti's Special pizza!  I'm pretty sure I will need Avanti's Lasagna also!  Yes, I am going to gain.  But it seems I must gain before I lose.  They say if you Load properly on those 2 days, you will actually feel full on the VLCD (500 calories a day to be exact). 

In the past, the idea of only 500 calories a day would have frightened me and most likely kept me from attempting the plan, but it doesn't now.  I must be crazy, but I am looking forward to following the Protocol.   

No comments:

Post a Comment