Monday, April 25, 2011

First Steps in the Journey

Welcome to my Journey!  My hopes for this blog are to help guide others who may be considering the HCG Protocol, to share my real life experiences with the protocol and to be transparent throughout the process. 

I was introduced to the HCG protocol by my cousin.  She explained it to me very thoroughly, she was excited about the results she was experiencing, and she told me of a mutual acquiantance who had experienced great results following the protocol as well.  It was like a seed being planted.  I wasn't convinced that this was something I wanted to do, yet it intrigued me to the point that I explained it to my husband and to a close friend.  The protocol made sense to me, but was I willing to allow myself to believe that this could really be the answer to my weight problem? 

About a week later, I was looking at a Facebook friend's page (a friend of a friend, whom I asked to be friends with due to her postings about healthy eating topics), and I read that she had recently lost 80 pounds.  Of course I was curious to find out how she had done it.  I found her blog address (yes, I was creeping!), and was floored to discover that she had been following the HCG Protocol for the previous year!  

So, now I have to know more about this Protocol!  I read almost her entire blog in one sitting, and although she talked about a few things that I didn't yet understand, I was impressed with what I read.  She was very honest and open, and she had good advice and information.  Her blog was my spring board, and the beginning of my Journey.

My first steps of the Journey have been research, research, research!  And to be honest, I love to research!  I began looking into the Homeopathic HCG (from here on to be called hHCG) that she uses.  I then read "Pounds and Inches" by Dr. Simeons (the original guide to the Protocol), which you can find here. I looked up "HCG Protocol" on YouTube and gained more information.  One of the most valuable pieces of advice I followed has been joining the HcgDieters Yahoo group.  It has TONS of free information and advice!  The group is dedicated to following Dr. Simeons original Protocol, with the exception of many people using hHCG rather than the original HCG injections.


My research indicates that many people have used the sublingual hHCG (drops you place under the tongue) with just as much success as those who choose HCG injections.  So, after doing lots of research and conversing more with my friend Amy about the Protocol, she and I decided to order the hHCG drops from http://www.healingpowerwithin.net/ as was recommended on the HcgDieters Yahoo group.  We ordered them 3 days ago (Friday), they are being shipped from the West Coast and we are hoping to receive them by the end of the week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment