Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Phase 4, Day 8

Well, my last correction day was a success.  I dropped 2.8 lbs. by eating yogurt and blueberries!  I have been eating more types of foods and seem to be doing just fine, though I haven't eaten bread at all.  I thought a bagel with cream cheese sounded really good this morning, but I changed my mind later.  I know that protein is a better choice for me anyway.  It really gives me a full feeling and I don't gain when I eat protein like I think I would with carbs.

This journey isn't just about losing weight, it's about finding what works best for MY body and since every body is different, what works for my body may not work for yours.  It's also about maintaining weight loss, and that requires making the best choices when it comes to nourishing my body.  Not only does it help maintain weight loss, but it also keeps me healthy.  Recently, my husband and one of my boys' had pneumonia.  I think I was able to remain healthy in spite of the sickness around me because I am making good choices in fueling my body.  I believe my immune system is stronger and better able to fight off infections...just another benefit of healthy eating.

I just measured myself again and I have lost a total of 28 & 1/2 inches since I began the protocol!  If I remember correctly, I had lost about 24 inches by the time I was finished with Phase 2, so I have continued to lose another 4 & 1/2 inches while maintaining my weight loss!  Awesome!

I am counting down the days until I can move into my 2nd round of Phase 2 to begin the weight loss process again!  Bring it on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment