Friday, June 1, 2012

Time for an Update

So, I guess this update is long overdue! Life has a way of getting crazy sometimes, but, honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way!

I hadn't set an official goal when I began my journey, partly because I really didn't know what I would consider to be a good stopping point, and partly because I was a bit afraid that I might not attain as high of a goal as I wanted to. As my journey continued and I was still losing, I decided that I would make my goal to lose a total of 100 pounds. I am thrilled to say that I am 95% of the way there...I have lost 95 pounds to date! I am in shock and utter amazement at this reality!

I knew I needed to lose at least that much and in the process I discovered what weight I should be at to be in the "normal" range. I will be ending my HCG Journey at the high end of that "normal" weight range for my age and height, but not only that, I will also have a "normal" BMI reading at that point as well.

So, I only have 5 pounds to go! Sounds easy enough but I have to say it has been a real struggle to get the last 15 pounds off, and looking back at my journey, it's taken me nearly 4 months to lose 25 pounds. The weight came off so quickly in the beginning but it has definitely slowed down the closer I get to my goal.

I posted on Facebook the other day that size-wise I am officially half the woman I used to be, as I am now wearing a size 12 pants (may I remind you that I was wearing a size 16 by the age of 16?!)  Which, of course, means that when I started this journey I was wearing a Women's size 24 pants! Ouch! That was painful to put into words! But that was my reality. Not only that, but I felt stuck...like there was no way out of my morbid obesity (ouch, again)!

And, yet, here I am thanks to the HCG Protocol and thanks to God!!!

By the way, pictures will be coming soon.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, Abbie. Both your words/openness & yourself personally!

    Julia

    ReplyDelete